See our patent-pending clip-on system in action. Continuous lengths of timber are simply clipped onto a suspended ceiling or wall.
How to install timber ceilings
Austratus offers so much more than head-turning style. Our patent-pending fitting system allows continuous lengths of timber to be simply and easily clipped into a suspended ceiling.
Complete, off-the-shelf system including hanging rods, clips, rails and selected timber profiles. A seamless finish. For added convenience, Austratus also supplies specially-engineered finishing trims and spacers.
Four easy steps
Simply fix your L-shaped trim to the walls as a level border.
Place rails up to 600mm apart – Suspended.
Place the plastic clips onto the battens approximately 600mm apart. The clips slide for minor adjustments.
Now you’re ready to start inserting your timber lengths. Simply push the timber up, clicking the clips into the rails.
Suspended Ceiling Installation tips
- As you work across the room, ensure each row of timber profiles is straight. Lasers can be used to ensure accuracy.
- The profiles can be end-butted together with clip-on joiners, or left gapped for shadow-line effects. Adjustments are simple and hassle free.
- If you require speakers, lights, air vents or any other special features, the timber is easy to cut and remove. Austratus also supplies tins of touch-up coating to restore coated finishes to the end grain.
- Keep in mind that special features, such as air-conditioning vents, may require extra rails and clips to support the cut timber.
- Ensure that any smaller joins are properly supported with a short TCR rail and clips covering the adjacent profiles.
- Austratus has a natural acoustic rating, which can be further enhanced to suit various application requirements, with the addition of acoustic insulation. Simply cut the insulation to the required shape and size, then lay it on top of the timber profiles. Technical information is available on request.
How to install timber walls
Austratus offers so much more than head-turning style. Our patent-pending fitting system allows continuous lengths of timber to be simply and easily screwed directly onto existing walls.
Complete, off-the-shelf system including hanging rods, clips, rails and selected timber profiles. For added convenience, Austratus also supplies specially-engineered finishing trims and spacers.
Five easy steps
Fix rails up to 600mm apart.
Place plastic clips and spacers (if required) into the rails.
If required, fix locaters to end-join timber lengths (acts as a sleeve). If the profiles are running vertically, the locaters will prevent the profiles slipping down when fixed above the clip.
Now begin to insert your timber lengths, simply push the timber into the clips.
Once all timber lengths are in place, if the rail ends are exposed, insert the end caps.