Austratus is available in Western Red Cedar and Hemlock timber, with a number of coating options.
Other species available on request, talk to us today on 1300 980 632.
Western Red Cedar
Brought to you by a timber industry leader, Western Red Cedar is one of the world’s most unique softwood species, known for its natural beauty and durability. Not only does it boast rich tones and stylish looks, but it’s also highly stable, durable, termite-resistant, thermal-resistant, lightweight and easy to use.
- Versatile, distinctive and stylish – able to achieve a variety of looks.
- Stable and straight, resisting warping, cupping, twisting and rot.
- Termite resistant, due to naturally-occurring preservatives.
- Durable, with an Australian durability rating of 2.
- Suspension capability, able to suspend two fixed support points better than any other known species.
- Thermal insulation, outperforming other softwoods as well as brick and concrete.
If you’re looking to use Austratus externally, Western Red Cedar is the option for you. Just make sure you specify our pre-finished Cutek® Western Red Cedar profiles for all external use, or purchase it raw and coat on-site with an external-approved coating.
Western Red Cedar is often considered to be the ultimate sustainable building product. It produces fewer greenhouse gases, generates less water and air pollution, and requires less energy to produce than alternatives. Plus, it comes from a renewable and sustainable resource.
Our Western Red Cedar has PEFC™ Certification.
Available Colours in Western Red Cedar
Run to Order
Suitable for internal and out-of-weather applications, Hemlock has the advantage of being more affordable than most premium timber species. It’s light blonde in colour and smooth in texture, with a distinct straight, fine-lined grain. Hemlock adds a light, ambient feel to any space. Physically, it’s outstanding, offering great wear resistance and growing harder and darker with age.
- Smooth & stylish – Hemlock’s smooth texture can be sanded to a silky, reflective surface for an even lighter ambience that darkens with age.
- Resilient surface – With excellent wear resistance, instances of warping and twisting are low.
- Perfect for coatings - Hemlock is ideal for coating and staining, accepting any paint, stain, or clear finish with outstanding results.
- Easy to work with - Hemlock responds well to planing and moulding, and can be screwed or nailed.